Wednesday, January 21, 2015

MLK 2015

Sun starting to come up in STL

Once again, I was headed out to Colorado for MLK weekend. I flew out Friday morning, with the sun chasing me; I made it to Denver before it came up. I woke up in St. Louis at 4am and was skiing Colorado by 11am, not too bad. This time the snow was much different than the Christmas trip. 
Blue Bird day!
Colorado hadn't received any real big storms and with warm weather, most of the snow had become hard pack. One morning I was lucky enough to get 2 inches of fresh snow, so excited for the snow I was up extra early and got the 6th chair up the mountain.
Fresh Tracks

After 3 days of skiing Winter Park I was over the hard pack. Sunday night my buddy Nate came up and crashed at Pam’s with me. In the morning we headed up to Butler’s Gulch to see what the back country snow looked like.
Skinning up

We skinned for about 2 hours, climbing about 2500 vertical feet. The snow was much better as the surrounding mountains protected it from the sun and wind.  It was my first day in the Back County and this flat lander was sucking some air on the climbs.

Up top
 Overall, it was a great trip with OK snow. I stayed at Pam’s house the whole time, she is truly awesome! For Christmas I got a GoPro pole, so enjoy the short video I made. Enjoy, until the next adventure.
Nate taking off his skins

Butler Gulch


Bear Claw


MLK Weekend 2015 (Enhanced) from CEA Productions on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment