Monday, June 20, 2011

Howell Island 6-18-2011

For the first time in my life, this last week, I had to say no to a kayaking trip. Kevin won’t let me miss our family party for father’s day. The second blow that came this week was when rick invited me to go to Colorado with him and I had to decline because of a family trip and money. This grown up stuff sucks!
Howell Crew

So, to get rid of all my frustration, Brad and I headed to Howell Island for some good ol’ surf. We showed up a little late but when we got there Larry, Rick and Josh were ripping it up. The level was a nice 24.5ft and the 3rd wave was rockin.
Brad setting up the camera

This was brads first time at Howell, and he was quite impressed with the wave. After about 4 hours my arms couldn’t take any more.
Larry and Josh ripping it up

What a great way to spend a sunny Saturday. Here is a little video I made. Check out 2:26! Until next time, enjoy.

Howell Island 6-18-2011 24.5ft from Curtis Ahlers on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment